Under the lamp post, around the corner
Will you find me? That's where you find me
They think I am lost, it doesn't matter
I do not need -them- to break this sharp silence
With their pitiful eyes and forced chatter

Among the trees on the sideway, between the signs blurring
Will you search me? That's where you search me
I hear a half-hearted pray, faith is a fickle thing
Of all the things you can do without
It is the first to strand you at a pendulum's swing

On the fuming asphalt, in a field of corn
You should find freedom. That’s where you find freedom
Your concrete vault, the bypassers' hasty scorn
It's all far away now
You are as good as new born

The fresh cut grass, wing of a butterfly
You should start over. This is where you start over
Watching the horizon with a glass of wine and fresh baked apple pie
Sleeping on the rooftop craddled in the moonlight
While every night sing me a new lullaby

In a soft breeze, beyond the river
Will you taste the joy? That's where you taste the joy
The warm tease of setting sun and evening shiver
Distant memory of a mother calling to her child
And you wish you could stay in this moment forever



Sema Nur Ketenci

Comments