-Dedicated to all maze runners trapped 
in their post apocalyptic dystopia-


I am a maze runner

They said this was just a phase
You are trying to hide - and seek
But I know that gaze
This is no empty phrase in a delirium haze
We have less than days before 
we run our separate ways in the maze
You are trying to seek – and hide
But I know you expect me to be an early bride on your side
As hard as I tried
I couldn't eat my pride – I've let that slide
I can not leave my maze and
Sail with you in the open sea, high tide and the sails so wide
I am a maze runner
I need no guide
Summer, spring, winter – sun, rain or ice
Sundown to sunrise
This is the price!
You are trying to hide and seek
But I see no vice!
At every turn in the maze
You learn to think not twice but thrice
I am a maze runner
The path was branching but I threw no dice



                                                                                                                                    Sema Nur Ketenci

Comments